Use the 160DSe Kit for colder/severe climates.
This is our most popular Solatube kit. It lights 150 to 200 square foot of floor space and includes enough tubing for an attic space of approximately 36".
Solatube company is the original designer of Solar tube lighting systems from its early development in Australia in the 1980s. The patented interior wall is "Spectralight Infinity" which has the highest reflectivity of any material in the world - 99.7% - for the brightest, purest light and unmatched color rendition. It is the most reflective material on the world market today and is used on all the Solatube Daylighting Systems. Here is a link to the history of Solatube company and these revolutionary products. Solatube History
This Kit includes all parts necessary for a standard installation:
- 1x pitched metal flashing
- Thermal Insulation Panel
- 1x Vusion Diffuser (standard diffuser)
- 1x softening effect lens
- 2 - 16" extension tubes (320040)
- fastener kit
- roof sealant
Also for Cold Climates:
- Flashing Insulator: to reduce condensation in cold climates when flashing is exposed to humid interior space.
- Turret Extentions: Use to raise the height of the Solatube dome on a roof to avoid snow, water, or shading from roof obstructions.
- Severe Climate Glazing: used with the Termal Insulation Panel creates dead air space w/in tubing (goes on top of the first ext tube) This is typically used in extreme weather condition areas in a circumstance where the length of tubing would be (8) feet or greater.
Parts listing - 160DSe-DA-FPM-E1602-L4-CCL
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 21 February, 2012.