Whitfield Auger Motor - aftermarket version***, replaces factory part number 12046300. This pellet stove part is considered superior to the factory original auger motor and uses more metal parts and torque as featured by Maxi-Torq™. Product has a one year warranty.*
* Does your stove call for the upgraded AUGER ENDPLATE W/ NYLATRON BUSHING? You must install the newer style nylatron bearing/bushing to your auger assembly if your stove calls for this upgrade. Download your parts list to confirm. Find the parts list that matches your stove make, model & serial number, search our site by the bushing part number and/or endplate kit that your stove calls for; any upgrades will be cross-referenced by that original part number. Skipping this step can void the auger motor warranty.
Watch our VIDEO about auger motor replacement for tips.When the auger shaft turns, so does the bushing, which acts like a disc brake, working against the motor. Older style brass bearings need to be replaced with the newer nylatron bearings in many cases. The correct bushing and/or endplate kit is CRUCIAL to getting the longest life from your auger motor. Warranty coverage may be voided if the auger motor fails and the correct bushing/endplate kit was not installed at the time of new auger motor.
The following part numbers can be replaced with the aftermarket version of upgraded nylatron bushing, PP4010-PSP:
12153900, 13650072, 13052000, EF-026
Stove models calling for the upgraded endplate kit include but may not be limited to the following:
Whitfield Advantage, Advantage Plus, Advantage II, II-T, III, Legend, Quest, Prodigy, Renaissance, Waterford Erin, Envirofire EF2, EF3 and Meridian.
We also offer the Whitfield factory original auger motor for a slightly higher price which you can find by clicking here. The factory also makes an upgraded auger endplate kit with nylatron bushing, 12153900.
***This auger motor fits many pellet stove brands including: Whitfield, Avalon, Lopi, Envirofire, Waterford Erin & Emerald, Pellet Master, Regency, Jamestown, Heat N Glo and possibly many other pellet stoves that use a 1 rpm clockwise rotation facing the shaft. Replaces factory part numbers EF-001, SIEF001, 90-0191 and others. The PP7000 auger motor has a clockwise rotation as you face the auger shaft and is rated at 1 RPM but actually turns at a rate of 1 to 1.25 RPM which is well within factory specifications for all pellet stoves the motor is designed for. In rare cases a need for adjustment to compensate for this variant may arise. The factory technical department reports that feed rates vary from higher fuel feed rates when the hopper is low, to lower feed rates when the hopper is full.
To test the auger motor- Take motor out
of stove and run ac power directly to it; hold with vice grip through more than
one rotation to see if gears are stripped. Beware there are many things that
can jam an auger so check to see that the auger runs freely on bushing and
consider upgrading bushing. Be sure to use insulated wire connectors and use safe electrical wiring
To test the auger itself- remove auger motor from stove, empty pellets from hopper, test how smoothly the auger spins in the current bushing. The auger should spin easily with finger pressure when hopper is empty and motor.
If your auger motor will not operate, it could be a problem with pressure switch, pellet stove part number 16050001. We offer OWNER & TECHNICAL MANUALS for individuals needing more technical help.
Motor of these Whitfield Pellet Stoves:
- Advantage I (WP2)
- Advantage II (WP2)
- Advantage II-T (WP2)
- Advantage III (WP2)
- Advantage II-T Classic (WP2)
- Optima 2 FS
- Optima 3 FS
- Optima 3 INS
- Advantage Plus FS
- Advantage Plus INS
- Cascade (WP5)
- Legend (WP1)
- Prodigy (WP3)
- Profile 20 FS (< Serial # 7494)
- Profile 20 FS-2 (> Serial # 7495)
- Profile 30 FS (< Serial # 11904)
- Profile 30 FS-2 (> Serial # 11905)
- Profile 30 INS (< Serial # 11904)
- Profile 30 INS-2 (> Serial # 11905)
- Quest FS (WP4) (Oval Hole in Fireback)
- Quest INS (WP4) (Oval Hole in Fireback)
- Traditions T300P (P11) (T300P/T301P/T305P/T308P)
- Quest Plus FS (WP4)
- Quest Plus INS (WP4)
- Renaissance (WW1)
shop notes - 12-1010-EPP
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 26 April, 2007.